I have THE biggest couple crush on Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. I just love them. And WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?! They’re adorable, hilarious, fun-loving and so in love with each other. Yesterday, Kristen was on Ellen (which I religiously DVR) and, not surprisingly, was just the cutest little thing. In honor of that and me being chained to the toilet today thanks to the stomach flu (kids, they really truly are the gift that literally never stops giving), I’ve put together some of my favorite Kristen and Dax interviews pertaining to parenting, pregnancy and relationships.
Kristen on the vacation music video and being a mother of two.
- I’m currently scouring the musical archives for the perfect vacation-music-video song for our upcoming (240 days – but who’s counting) trip to Maui. Suggestions welcome.
- But for real, why DOES everyone wake up screaming?
- I’ve always joked that my mom (acts like she) has a PhD in everything. I now understand that’s an (un)fortunate side effect of becoming a mom.
Kristen the birth of their second.
- Let me just give a shout out to all the other unplanned C-section mamas.
- THE ITCHING. I didn’t have it with my first but with Abbott my cheeks and chin were literally chapped and peeling for days after leaving the hospital thanks to ALL of the itching. I wouldn’t wish that sensation on anyone.
Dax on the birth of their second and being a dad of two.
- “Less milk, smaller poops – but you will lose them in your pocket.”
- After having an unplanned c-section with Matty, Seth was scarred for life. He was also, in a really adorable way, overly concerned with every movement I made postpartum because he was so scarred. He constantly demonstrates what the doctors looked like while ripping and pulling apart me abdomen and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me cringe a little bit.
- COME BACK, PARENTHOOD.
On being pregnant.
- “I have nothing to prove.” Hallelujah.
- I felt the opposite during pregnancy but, I mean, of course she felt like that because…duh, every woman should.
On their first baby, sloths and sharing baby photos
- Her obsession with sloths warms my heart.
- I’m so obsessed with my boys I share photos all the time – but I only have, like, 25 people interested in my kids’ photos so….there’s that
Because dogs are kids, too.
- But I mean, can we talk about Pat and Dr. Toots more?
On marriage and a quick lesson in empathy.
Dax with your yearly does of optimism and humanity.
😍. Heart. Puddle. Floor.
And because I can’t talk about my couple crush without wanting to watch this video. Can you imagine being so passionate about something you develop ESP? I need to find that.